Frequently Asked Questions
How Should I Prepare For An Appraisal Inspection?
Here are a few tips to help expedite the appraisal inspection:
- Provide a list of any improvements you've made to the home with the approximate dates.
- Remove any obstacles that will impede the appraiser's ability to measure the exterior of the home.
- Be sure the appraiser has clear access to your attic and crawl space.
- Restrain your pets and clear the yard of "hazards".
- Keep in mind that the appraiser will take photos of each room to be included in the report.
- If you have a manufactured home, have any paperwork on the home handy.